Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Difference a Year Makes,

I only went to one Admiral game last year and it was a 0-0 tie. How boring. I went to my first game of the season last night and it was a little different.

I went up to the ticket booth and the ticket they were offering was four rows off the ice, but off to the side. At first I was hesitant because I always seem to get stuck on the side that the Admirals are only attacking once. However I noticed they now show which side the Admirals are attacking twice (first and third periods) and that was where our tickets were, so I snatched them up. Before the game started a cute girl skated out on the ice winked at me and threw right to me her shirt. Ok a bunch of girls skated out throwing promotional shirts and right to me would've been someone else shirt if the seats next to me had people in them and she didn't wink, but she was cute. So the first period was a go. Not too much happened until the Admirals had a shorthanded break away with a beautiful pass between the legs, a pass back and the red light went on.

On to the second period where the Admirals were attacking the net on the other side of the ice. And when I say attack I mean it, they scored 6 goals that period. With a 7-0 score the game was getting a little out of hand. One of their roughnecks picked a fight with an Admiral who's talents didn't include fighting, but their guy got an instigating and misconduct so it wasn't too bad. Then an Admiral pummeled one of their guys.

In the third beer period the Admirals scored another shorthanded goal (same guy actually) and lost the shut out on a 5 on 3 with a minute and a half left it the game.

So in the end I got a free t-shirt, watched a route and had a good time.

(Write up)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home