Friday, October 12, 2007

It's Started,

For a couple weeks my coworkers have been speculating about lay offs. One guy said they would start in two weeks (I was leaning towards a month) and I'm sure he wished he was wrong because he got it today. That sucked because this was the guy that I talked to at lunch. Now I'm stuck with the conspirators. Ugh. They also laid off a guy that the only thing that was surprising about was why it took them this long. Supposedly another guy got it, but it isn't quite clear on who that was; a useless preapprentice or the other foreman. There was a weird story about the other foreman hurting his knee while playing football last night that sounds very suspicious to me, anyways he is not suppose to be back, but it's not clear to me if he was the third guy or not.

Working for an out of town contractor like I am it is pretty much a given that a lay off is inevitable. I'm not to worried now because I'm usually worried when I get laid off so because I'm not worried makes me more not worried. I feel like I'll make it to sometime in December if not later, but that is just a guess. Right now I'm thinking it will be a steady drip of layoffs for the next couple of months, so we shall see how this all plays out. I thought there was a lot of work out there, but I heard one of the guys that got laid off say he was fifty something on the list. That's a lot more guys off than I thought. Well they say a lot of work is coming up, but I've heard that before.

Anyways the guy I was working with took off at noon to get hammered. God Bless him. Pizza, whiskey sours and PBS for me tonight.
Cheers!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home