Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Forgotten,

These are some stories that I didn't write about at the time for one reason or another;

I do this online thing were I get two audio books a month. Mostly I listen to them on my to and from work. A few years back I got War and Peace. Clocking in at over sixty hours this was going to take awhile. I started once, got bored and gave up. I then made a second attempt to finish it, but finally realized I wasn't really listening to it I just had it on while my mind wandered else where. So with about a quarter left I turned it off for the last time. I was a little bummed about this and sort of felt like I was cheating myself. However a few months later while watching Jeopardy there was a category about War and Peace and I got every answer right, plus all the contestants on TV didn't even ring in for any question. I felt a little redeemed by this.

On a side note; I hear the book can vary quite a bit depending on translation.

* * *

Two weekends before I went on my vacation I thought I was coming down with a cold. My immune system sucks and I get sick regularly. Getting sick right before a vacation seemed like something my stupid body would do. Usually I take it easy with a cold; go to bed early, don't drink stuff like that. However since I always get sick anyways I've decided to adopt a new policy of treating the illness with a heavy dose of alcohol. So that Monday I got really drunk. The next Monday I was trying to figure out if I was still getting sick or was just feeling like shit because I've been drinking for a week.

* * *

After spending a week deep in the woods, I got stung by a hornet in the head while mowing my lawn. Once night came vengeance was mine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home