Monday, June 19, 2006

Born to Lose,

Man, when I hit a streak of bad luck it really gives me a swift kick in the balls. Like a year and a half ago when I got laid off, then the next day woke up and had to shove a foot of heavy, wet snow from my driveway. I woke up sick that morning and was so tired that on two occasions I felt like I was going to pass out while shoveling. Why did I shovel the driveway when I should have just laid in bed? Because I had to get my ailing cat to the hospital, which involved a long wait on an uncomfortable bench that I wanted to lay down and sleep on. In the end I had to make a real difficult decision and the cat died (R.I.P. Nero).

Anyways, last Thursday I went to an Admiral game. They played so bad I felt like rooting for the other team. That ended their season. If they would have won that game and the next they would of won the Calder Cup. Then on the way home I hit a skunk with my car (the smell still faintly lingers). Friday I got some bad news about a family member. Then today while putting up a piece of duct in a particularly hard to get to spot, I must of hit the forward button on the lift with my foot and ran into a sprinkler line! Busting it open, spraying brown, smelly water everywhere. Ceiling tiles were falling from the grid like rocks. Once I realized what had happened my first thought was "There just went my job". As more and more people showed up and an alarm went off my despair grew. Luckily it seems I was wrong and still have to wake up at 4:30 tomorrow morning, but we shall see what happens down the road.

Well here's to better tomorrows.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allison J. said...

Chin up old pal. Hope things improve and all. Give us a call sometime soon.

jones

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home