Friday, March 10, 2006

Celebrity GOP

So this apprentice guy is running for congress as a republican. I don't watch and apprentice and hope and pray it will go off the air and Trump will disappear into obscurity (long shot I know) and don't know much about his chances of winning. The reason why I point this out we hear so much about liberal Hollywood and all that crap, but if you look at politicians the party that is most represented by celebrities is by far the GOP.

  • Donald Trump was considering running against Spitzer for Governor of NY. He wisely decided not to since Spitzer is going to run away with it.

  • Fred Dalton Thompsom most notably know as the DA on Law and Order was the Republican senator from Tennessee. He was in movies before and after his senate term and still plays a roll in in the republican party. He helped John Roberts get confirmed and there was even some people that wanted him to be appointed to the spot that Alito eventually got.

  • Sonny Bono ran as a republican to be mayor of Palm Springs and later after failing to win the nomination to run for the senate he was elected as a congressman for California's 44th District.

  • Arnold Schwarzenegger I don't think I have to say more about him.

  • And who could forget the most famous Hollywood republican Ronald Reagan.

  • These are the names that just came to me off the top of my head and for the life of me I can't think of one Democrat that came from Hollywood. I won't argue that celebrities are more conservative I would just like to say the liberal one's are just talking and writing on blogs while the conservatives are making laws.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home