Thursday, March 02, 2006

My Oscar Picks

Will I watch? Maybe, but only because Jon Steward is hosting. Personally I could care less who they give the awards to. Because in Jontown only one opinion matters and here it is;

Best Picture; Crash
I haven't seen Brokeback mountain or Capote so maybe they are better and as they come out on DVD I will be able to tell. But in my opinion Crash is the movie on race in America at present time. Unlike most movies that have one good side and one bad side this movie gives each character one good side and one bad side.

Best Actor; Heath Ledger
I am going out on a limb since I haven't seen this movie, but from what I have seen in previews and clips he has seem to create a interesting character. Philip Seymour Hoffman (I assume), Joaquin Phoenix and David Strathairn all do a really good job, but I set the standard higher for playing a character that actually existed compared to someone the actor has only a script and his mind to work from. Terrence Howard was also good, but I think Heath has him beat.

Best Actress; Felicity Huffman
Once again I haven't seen the movie (Transamerica), but she really looks like a guy in drag. The only other one that is any good is Reese Witherspoon and there is that whole real person thing.

Best supporting actor; George Clooney (Syriana)
Best supporting actress; Rachel Weisz (Constant Gardener)
Best screen play; Paul Haggis and Robert Moresco (Crash)
Best Documentary Feature; Street Fight

The rest of the awards don't matter. Now you can watch the show and see how many they get right.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so let me get this straight, in jontown, ignorance prevails?
ignorance is what it takes to be in jontownian.
jajaja
come on man!
you havent seen shit, and have your oscar picks based on what you've heard from the media or seen in previews.
before comenting or giving opinions (on anything in life), you should have all the facts at hand. see for yourself. experience.
have an opinion of your own.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

It is just oscar picks, you big weirdo.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home