Friday, February 03, 2006

The "what the.." second

Last week in an attempt to conserve energy and leave a smaller footprint on this planet I switched most of the light bulbs in my house to the fluorescent one's that are suppose to use something like 70% less energy than regular light bulbs. I bought mostly the cheap ones, but spent almost twice as much for three that I would use in strategic places where I was trying to avoid the pale light that normal comes from fluorescent bulbs. Well it turns out that the cheaper bulbs were almost the same color as my normal lights and the expensive ones look like the light I was trying to avoid. I guess it was good I only go three of those.

Now the thing about these light bulbs is it takes about one second from the time you flip the switch until the light goes on. It is just long enough for me to think something is wrong and say in my head "what the..." and as I am just starting to lift my hand to try the switch again, the light, in a mocking fashion goes on. I have had these for about a week and a half and still find myself doing it. Oh how light mocks me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home