Sunday, January 29, 2006

Movie trouble

The movie Bubble is being realized in the theaters, on pay-per-view and DVD almost simultaneously (I think the DVD is a week later, but close enough). This of course has all the theater owners all worked up with the thought that the dwindling theater going public will disappear altogether. There has been various reasons put out why people are not going to the theaters as much anymore from home theater systems to bad movies. The reason why I am not going is plain and simple a dollar issue.

I started going to matinees exclusively a few years back and I would usually give them my best five dollar bill and would get a quarter back, if I was lucky it would be shiny. Then it became my best five dollar bill and have to give them some of my quarters. Well now I have to give them my best five dollar bill and throw in a good one dollar bill on top of that. Now before you start thinking I am sounding like a old man, I would like to point out that I am not talking about "When I was a kid", I am talking about a couple years ago. In my current financially limited situation, I am not going to shell out that kind of money for a movie unless it has a lot of hype and really interest me. If they want to get me to go back to the theater they should think about cutting the price until then my netflix list will just get longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home