Wednesday, February 01, 2006

State of the Empire

Last night I found myself reminiscing about the evenings of my youth sitting around wanting to watch Alf, but instead Ronald Reagan was rambling about something that as a nine year old I could care less about. Maybe in the same way that the hill you use to ride your bike down as a kid is no longer as big as you remember, it seems to me that old #40 was always interrupting my favorite sitcoms. Maybe that is why I despise republicans so.

Fast forward a little over a decade later, as I was coming into my political own, I decided I should watch all of my president's prime time addresses, no matter how much I disagree with the individual holding that office. For the most part I have accomplished that. I might have missed one or two, but for the most part I have watched them all. Which is no small feet considering they have all been by a president that I don't see eye to eye with and no longer trust.

So anyway this is how I ended up last night sitting in front of my television watching George W. Bush promoting empire, proposing hollow insincere programs that I am sure he has no intention on following through with and criticize partisan politics then comically going straight into a partisan attack. Then there is the clapping, oh my god the clapping. Is it really necessary to waste my time listening to you clap. It is no secret who favors what and who disagrees with what. Please save all applause for the end.

I once again felt like a nine year old boy wishing there was something else on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home