Friday, January 27, 2006

My Television

Ok I admit it I am a couch potato. I won't deny that I enjoy watching T.V. With that said, on ward.

Friday is becoming one of my favorite nights for television. First I start with "Washington Week" on PBS and follow that up with my favorite nonfiction show "Now". I am especial looking forward to tonight's. They are going to have the director for Why We Fight on. I am really looking forward to seeing that movie, although I will wait for it to come out on DVD. Roper and Ebert wrote it off as another Bush bashing documentary, but without seeing it I am thinking/hoping it is much more than that. I think they can be a bit simplistic at times. Anyway I will let you know what I think after I have actually seen it. After "Now" comes "In Justice" on ABC. I am really liking this show. My worst fear is to be accused of a heinous crime I didn't commit, which I feel happens a lot due to pressure to solve crimes and prejudice. So it is little wonder that I like a show about getting wrongly convicted people out of jail. After that on NBC is "The Book of Daniel" I don't watch it. I will probably be into a movie by then. But the show was canceled after only airing a couple of times. My take is it was too blasphemous for churchie people and too churchie for normal viewers.

Not Friday. I also learned a show that I like "The West Wing" will end after this season. I was a bit disappointed at first since I just started following the show last year, but I think in the end it was a good idea. They crammed way too many story lines into the Bartlett administration to leave anything for the next guy. Besides they can't keep electing democrats and I don't think anyone would watch a show about a republican, lets face it they are boring. On the subject of religion I am getting a little worried about "Lost". This last weeks baptizing story line seemed weird and forced to me. I don't mind religion in general when it fits the story line like the episode about Mr. Echo, but this last weeks seemed like they were pandering to the religious crowd (By this I mean the 700 club loonies). I really hope they don't ruin the show by going this way. We shall see. If they do I am sure I will write more about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

If they can tie it in I will agree with you, but lost has a way of forgetting about story lines (dinosaur in first episode, polar bear) maybe they will bring it all together but I have some doubts.

I wonder if the writer has the whole story figured out or if he is making it up as he goes.

I completely forgot about Locke getting pulled into the ground.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home