Thursday, February 09, 2006

Am I wrong?

I watched a show the other night on PBS about Robert Williams. In the show they talked about "the kissing case" were some kids were playing and a young black boy (I couldn't find or remember the exact age, but it was around 6) kissed a young white girl. When the mother found out one of the things she did, besides get the black kids arrested and all that stuff, was scrub her daughters face.

Similarly a while back I was watching a movie called "Introducing Dorothy Dandridge". Dorothy Dandridge was a musician, actor, dancer in the 40's and 50's. I am going from memory here so I don't know if I will get this exactly right but the point is intact. While in Vegas she was told she couldn't swim in the pool. In defiance she dipped her toe in the pool. Later that night while walking to her room after she performed she saw that the pool was drained and being scrubbed.

My final example before I get to my point is; once again I was watching PBS, they had a show with a rare inside look at North Korea. The part that stuck with me the most was when the power went out in the family that they followed apartment the mother said something like, "Damn Americans!" Like we were the ones that turned off her power.

Now I could lump all these things together and dismiss this as people acting foolish because of time or place, but my humble mind finds me asking myself what are the things in my life that I am convinced to be true that will one day be laughed at by other people as mere foolishness.

I try to keep this thought in my mind as I develop and reflect on my own opinions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home