Thursday, November 01, 2007

Tickets,

There were a lot of post this week that went unwritten because of time and mostly lack of motivation. Oh well.

Parking at work is quite the issue. I get to work about twenty five minutes early and still have to walk about ten minutes to get there. This doesn't bother me as much as it bothers some other people. On Tuesday I was working by some electricians who parked in what was obviously temporary parking, but because there was no sign they thought they were in the right. They got ticketed, then threatened towing, but still refused to move their trucks, until they were finally told that if they still wanted to work on the job they would have to move the trucks. One still didn't want to do it, but gave in. The whole time they were talking about fighting the ticket in court and taking the general to small claims court to get pay for the work they would miss. I kept thinking it's just a twenty dollar ticket, why would you go to all that trouble and probably get nothing in return anyway. I seen one electrician taking pictures of the spot today, so I think they are really going ahead with the crazy scheme.

Anyways yesterday I seen a spot a lot closer than normal right behind a crosswalk (not so much a cross walk as a walking entrance thing on the sidewalk) I thought I was far enough back, not blocking it at all, but when I returned to my car at the end of the day there was a ticket. It said parked less than 15 feet from crosswalk. As a coworker of mine said as he looked at the ticket with me, "They're out of their mind." So a crosswalk needs thirty total feet of clearance, that is wider than the street. I know there is an obesity problem in this country, but it ain't that bad. Anyways, I'm no electrician. I already paid it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home