Sunday, November 04, 2007

Radio,

They are banning smoking on the whole complex that I'm working on. Not just in the building, but the whole complex, you have to cross the street to smoke (actually cross the street, walk through a little park and cross another street). Construction worker smokers tend to be a little harder to change than other people, so to compensate for it the general is "laxing it's radio ban." This seems kind of funny to me; "Man I really need a smoke, turn up the radio... Ahhh."

The only thing that surprised me about the ban is that it didn't already exist. When I worked at a hospital down in Racine last year, they already had the ban in place. I when I drive by the hospital by me I see people standing across the street smoking, so I assume they have the ban. I would of thought the major complex I'm at now would be one of the first to put it in place instead of one of the last.

But anyway, a coworker was sent down to work by me. He had just brought a radio in. He says, "95.7 is already playing Christmas carols." I looked at him and said, "your not going to play Christmas carols are you?" Luckily the answer was no. However we did listen to channel the next day when they switched their programing back. They were also playing some of the negative calls they got and assured the audience they would hold off. They must of got a lot of calls. Personally Christmas carols are fine when I'm doing holiday stuff, but I really don't want to listen to them all day, that would be too much like working in the mall. Anyways it was kind of refreshing to see a company realize they made a mistake so quickly, make the change back right away and basically say sorry we fucked up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home