Sunday, November 04, 2007

Front Runners,

I watched Fred Thompson on Meet the Press this morning. That guy is duller than baseball. Luckily Edwards was on This Week so I only had to watch an old man babble for a half hour.

Assuming Giuliani and Clinton are the front runners (I know that is a big assumption especially for Rudy, but he is always ahead in the polls and I'll get to Clinton later) something that surprises me that hasn't come out is Rudy can't win his home state. This always seemed to be a big deal in the past and considering Rudy's platform is "I'm the only one who can beat Clinton" it would seem that his opponents would pounce on that, but I haven't heard it brought up once (that's not saying no one has, it just hasn't predominately been brought up). This might have something to do with Romney's home state some what up in the air. He was governor of Massachusetts and obviously can't win that state. He announced his presidential run in Michigan where he was born and probably doesn't stand much of a chance there, but better than the dark blue Massachusetts. But I would think that one of the other candidates would bring up this major point by now.

Anyways on to Clinton. She had pretty much cemented her front runner status last month. So Obama announced he was going after her a lot stronger than he had before. I kind of wanted to actually watch that debate to see what would happen, but I have ghetto cable and don't get MSN. From the what I've read and heard about it, it sounded like Edwards did more attacking and projected himself back into the mix that he had kind of fell out of. Clinton made a couple of mistakes seemingly switching positions, mostly on immigrant driver license, but I think her biggest mistake was her, did you see those mean boys picking on this little girl, response after the event. Which I think made her look really weak and feed into all the negative stereotypes that she carries with her. Not to mention it made her sound like she wasn't the front runner which has always been her main strength. Who knows what the masses will do, we shall see in a couple of weeks, but in this bloggers opinion her front runner status is a little more shaky than it was a week ago. Hopefully I'm right.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home