Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Putin,

Putin basically appoints himself Prime minister, although this write up down plays it a bit compared to other sources I have seen. It sounds to me like he will take this post and run the country through a puppet president. I think this is widely underreported in our little country, maybe because people aren't interested or occupied with other enemies. To me this looks like a Putin dictatorship is right around the corner if not already here. This is going to be a great disappointment to my ultra conservative friend who lists Putin as one of the people she wants to meet on her myspace page, if he is dictator I don't think he will have time to visit her.

I listen to a Russian talk last year at a friends birthday party. He talked a lot. He mentioned Putin and I asked him his opinion about him. He said he liked him, but didn't want him to be president again because he would basically become a dictator. He also said his grandfather who lived most of his life under a dictatorship would welcome back that type of government. I found his comments on this subject interesting.

I wonder if it will go back the old communism or just go to oppressive regime. Communism is weird to me. Most describe it as far left wing, however to me freedom of the press and free elections are basic staples of liberalism. Communism to me seems what happens when conservatives try to be left wing.

Anyways stand by for the next cold war.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly Liberal, Putin's reign has just begun and this should be no surprise. Anyone who has paid him any kind of attention knew this was coming, Zubkov was a step in that direction and now this. What (admirable) moxy.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home