Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Bug Castro,

I've been meaning to write this since last weekend, but haven't found time. I don't want it to get too far away from me so I'm going to skip my usual Wednesday night fiction writing to write about a couple of Netflixs I watched last weekend.

Bug This movie reminded me of Memento or Internal Sunshine OTSM, kind of a mind-fuck movie that takes you into the world of a paranoid, tinfoil hat, crazy who's narcissism seemingly start small but escalate rather quickly. The thing I really liked about the movie is how believable the escalation and how he convinces the lady to go along with him was. Don't get me wrong you think the guy is crazy, it's just believable. It wasn't as good as Memento or ISOTSM, I was only going to give it 3 stars, but since I highly recomend it I bumped it up to 4.

Fidel: The Castro Project This was actually a two part miniseries on Showtime that they should have did a better job splitting up on the DVD since it's run time is over three hours. The very beginning doesn't fit into the movie, then it gets a little boring for awhile and the end was also boring. But in between was a very good look at an idealist, liberal, revolution turned into oppressive dictatorship. A subject that keeps popping up in my life lately.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right! You did write about this shit movie and you didn't even mention Ashley Judd's lack of clothes when you addressed her lack of judgement. I think its your fault I rented it. I forgive you, but 4 stars is definitely the Red Dog talking.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Don't blame the dog for what whiskey did.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home