Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Reading the dictionary,

New Year's resolutions are just things that we need excuses for not keeping up. I could say I want to read, write, work on my house, keep my house clean, work, get in shape, go out... more, but then when I don't do any of that it is just another broken new year's resolution, no big deal. Instead I am going to take on a task; I am going to read the A's in the dictionary. Then next year the B's and so on.

I have always wanted to read the dictionary so I can find new and interesting words like proletariat, last year I didn't know what it meant now I often us it to describe myself. However reading the dictionary seems like a long, boring task that I will never make time for, but if I just have to do one letter every year it doesn't seem like that much. So in twenty five years from now I can say more than "I am fifty five," I can say "I am fifty five and I have read the dictionary". In reality I will probably just be saying "I'm fifty five and I once thought I would have the dictionary read by now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home