Wednesday, December 20, 2006

All the Kings Men,

One movie that I was anxious to see this year, but ended up waiting for DVD because of poor reviews was All the King's Men. I watched it last night and loved it. The story is loosely based on Huey Long, an immensely interesting politician from Louisiana. While pushing popular progressive legislation he was accused of being dictatorial in his approach. I can kind of see how some people would be turned off the movie for political reason, but the reviews that turned me away wouldn't fall into that category. I guess they just don't know a great political movie when they see it. I wanted to watch it again since beer, whiskey and a consuming thought made the end a bit foggy, but I think I will just wait until netflix sells it and buy my own.

The next movie that I am really anxious to see is The Good Shepard. I am going to have to see this one in the theater. How can a story about the beginning of the CIA not be interesting? It is too bad it is coming out around Christmas, I will have to wait until after the holidays to see it to avoid a crowd.

When I first heard they were making another Rockey movie I was saddened. The original Rockey is such a great movie the second one was pretty good too, if only they would of stopped there. But they didn't and made joke of the series by progressively pumping worse movies out. However I keep hearing that the new movie is really good and gets back to the stuff that made the first movie so good. But I just don't think there is anyway I am going to like a movie about a sixty year old boxer. Maybe it will make my netflix list, but probably not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home