Thursday, December 07, 2006

The explosion,

I had just woken up yesterday right before the news broke that the Falk plant blew up. I was immediately concerned because I knew a company that I worked for last summer did a lot of work there and I was friends with some of the guys. Later in one of the news coverage I seen what looked like one of their vans. I was a bit relieved when they announced the names of the three that died and they weren't anyone from the company I worked for.

All morning the news stayed on coverage of the incident. Which is very understandable, but all they were doing was taking calls from anyone who had some connection or claimed to know something. This is not news it is merely gossip. I honestly can't think of anything I heard at that time, besides the building was called the annex, that was informative.

Then they had an evening news conference and the DA talked about investigating the incident to look for any criminal action resulting in the explosion. He did say there was no evidence to lead that way right now, but he was going to make sure that wasn't the case. During the questioning time a reporter asked the Mayor if he supported the investigation since Falk was such a large employer for Milwaukee. Yeah because they hired enough people they are allowed to kill off a couple. The corporatism in this country right now is disturbing. There is a certain class of people that just don't understand what a normal person has to go through. Like this congressman who thinks working more than three days a week is destroying his family. Welcome to the real world bub. It sucks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home