Thursday, January 18, 2007

Better late than escalation,

So I am a bit late on this, but my life is harder than yours. Here are some of my thoughts on the presidents speech last week and the escalation defense.

I watched the president speak last week and had two thoughts. Really just two thoughts because I didn't sleep the night before and had a rough first day back at work and was very out of it. All the key points were already released on the evening news. Maybe this is how all president speeches are, but it would seem to me if I was running the show I would want people to listen in to my guy. After all he should be the best one to give his story. As I sat there listening to him talk, not really absorbing anything because of my fore mentioned state, all I could think is "I already hear this today." Why should I watch him speak when I can just watch the news and get all the highlights ahead of time. Second he looked scared and overwhelmed while this isn't surprising considering poll numbers and what not it was somewhat concerning that his appearance showed it.

Every time I hear one of the very few escalation defenders use the defence of what will happen in Iraq if we leave; I want to yell at my TV (and sometimes do) "That is why we shouldn't of gone there in the first place!!!"

Here is Feingold on Olbermann calling for cutting funding for the war.

Lastly this escalation will eliminate McCain's presidential chances. It's already hurting him

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home