Thursday, December 07, 2006

Lets talk,

With the Iraq study report coming out yesterday, I was struck dumbfounded that the one idea that was getting attacked the most by the pro war crowd was talking with Iran and Syria. This sees idiotic to me, we have a isolationist diplomacy with a global military this will only result in permanent war. My brother told me in '04 that someone asked the packer coach what he thought of the debates. He said something along the lines of it just shows who the better talker is. Well guess what that is what politicians are suppose to do. You go and talk to these people; you don't have to agree or cede and ground, but you talk to them. That is how wars are avoided. When the Iranian president sent that letter to the president a while ago he should of sent one back. From what I remember the letter was filled with accusations of religious hypocrisy and challenges. Why didn't we turn around and do the same thing to them. Only good things can come from talking because not talking leaves you with two options war and no war.

My great senator, Russ Feingold, has other problems with the report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home