Sunday, September 30, 2007

House,

Just south of my house, up by the hospital was an old water reserve. A little over a year ago they started working on it. As they were working on it I was very curious as to what they were turning it into. It's a round building, about three stories tall. It seemed to small and awkward to be apartments or condos, to big to be a house and to awkward and residential to be offices. I figured it probably had something to do with the hospital that is right across the street, but it still seemed weird and out of place for that.

They finally finished and I came to the conclusion that it was condos. I always wondered what they would cost and who would want to live there. Besides the hospital it's surrounded by houses and apartments a lot lower in value compared to the fancy water reserve condos that they just build. For awhile it seemed like it was the cool place to live because there were parties there every weekend, but recently there hasn't been much activity.

Anyways the other day I got a postcard from a realtor and the unique building on the front I instantly recognized as the water reserve condos. I searched the card for a list price to quench my curiosity and when I saw $999,999 I was a bit skeptical that there wasn't a typo or some other mistake. Today I finally got around to looking it up online and couldn't find it at first because I was looking under condos. Turns out it's a single family house. Here is the listing

I don't think it's going to sell quick. It's too weird in a nonweird area, maybe if it was somewhere around downtown Milwaukee it would be sought after, but I don't think anyone that wants to live in a weird house wants to do it in a residential neighborhood. Not to mention other houses in the area are at best $200,000 and the apartments by it look pretty low rent. I also don't understand why you would have more bathrooms than bedrooms, that mathematically just doesn't make any sense (although every time I clean my toilets I wonder why I have two, thank god that doesn't happen often). I do like how they advertise it is close to public transportation, because that is what people in the market for million dollar houses want.

So if any of you are looking for a million dollar, weird house, in a neighborhood that doesn't fit just let me know and I can hook you up with the realtor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home