Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Today,

I went for my first walk this year today. It was good to get outside and walk around. Green is starting to make it's presence known. I was reminded of my youth on those first nice days when you go outside to play in the fresh grass and make plans for all the games you want to play during the summer, only to have them put on hold by the next cold snap.

I listened to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (more on that soon) as I walked around downtown Waukesha. It was kind of weird to listen to crazy drug stories while walking through my little city.

I need to break my new hiking boots in and get in shape for my late summer backpacking trip. I am hoping to make my walks bi-weekly. During the week around my house and on the weekend in the Kettle Moraine. Hopefully I will stick to it. When I did a lot of walking in the past few years I didn't have a job so it was easy to do. Now it might be hard to find the motivation and time.

When I walked in my unemployed state, I always thought it would be nice to stop at one of the sandwich shops and get something for lunch towards the end of my walk. However financial discipline ruled the idea out. Today I got a burrito on my way home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home