Friday, March 23, 2007

The rest of the story,

So yesterday I wrote;
I had to take a drug test this morning. I am anxious to see if I take drugs or not.
And my anonymous friend wanted to know if this meant I got a job. No. In the last contract for the union a drug test policy went into place. This was three years ago; apparently the contractors then decided they didn't want to fund it until now so the whole union is getting tested. However yesterday afternoon, after the drug test, I did get a job and guess what; It requires a drug test. It sounds like they will be able to use the one I just took, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changes and I have to take another one. If I do have to take another one, it will be the third one I have taken since September. How ridiculous! I understand that they don't want someone jacked up on goofballs (although I would dispute that this is common enough to warrant drug test) driving lifts off buildings, but three times in seven months is borderline harassment, in my opinion.

Last time I went back to work I titled the post "Hi Ho, Hi Ho" as in off to work we go. Shortly after that my boss looked at me one morning as we were about to walk into work and said, "Hi Ho Hi Ho," and then smiled. I doubt he read my blog, it is kind of hard to find unless you are really looking for it, which only made it that much more weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home