Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Next President,

I haven't wrote about the next presidential election since Feingold dropped out because I really haven't figured out where I am yet. Right now as it stands for me it is between Edwards and Obama. I am leaning towards Edwards, but I expect that I will end up in the Obama camp in the end. Actually it probably won't matter for me since a ton of states have moved up their primary, so more than likely by the time Wisconsin gets its turn it will already be decided. I am not particularly excited about either guy, but I think there is the possibility of being wowed by both of them at some point. Edwards has been hanging back in the weeds and letting Obama and Clinton snipe at each other. This may very well be a good plan, it is basically how Kerry got the nomination last time, but I would much rather have someone out front pushing the party and his issues. I also am reluctant to vote for another southerner. I think we have had enough of them lately. Obama on the other hand has just been dull. He has the ability to be one of the most dynamic politicians of our time (and probably is), but instead of using that to push through progressive change or at least swing the country a little to the left he seems to just want to go along with the flow and not make any waves, once again not what I am looking for in a candidate. Maybe I am just having a let down from having such a great candidate to back in Feingold. Oh well it is still kind of early.

I will probably write more about the race in the next few weeks, but that is where I stand now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home