Friday, March 16, 2007

My TV,

A whole slew of mid season television shows are out and here is my take,

The Black Donnellys is three episodes deep and I am already bored with the repetitive plot. I am still trying to understand why in the second episode when they were trying to fit the body in the 50 gallon drum and he needed to remove the legs he went to the store and bought sledge hammers. Granted you can pound a leg off, but wouldn't it of been a lot fast, cleaner and just smarter to get a saw and cut the leg off. I might be a bit prejudice to the show since it took over for Studio 60 which after a slow start was quickly becoming very interesting. I fear that TBD will replace Studio 60. On the plus side that will probably be less TV I have to watch.

I have come to the conclusion that I don't like canned laughter. It seems to be something they use for unfunny shows to make them seem funny. This is all I have to say about Rob Corddry's The Winner. It's a shame, he was so funny on the Daily Show.

Last night I watched Andy Richter's new show Andy Barker PI. The first episode wasn't great, but it seemed to have a lot of promise. I also like that Tony Hale (Buster on Arrested Development) is on it. I don't think NBC has a lot of confidence in the show since you can watch all the episodes online.

Also on yesterday was Raines. I watched this show basically because nothing else was on. They were advertising it as another cop gets help from dead people show, how strange that that is an actual category. However this isn't what was really happening. Jeff Goldblum, the main character, hallucinates the victims to help him solve the crimes, but it isn't as crazy as it sounds. He is aware that they are hallucinations and it is more like a thought process then a mental problem. It also has this cool film noir feel. I really like the first episode. I can easily see this becoming my favorite show and I am sure if this happens it will get canceled shortly. I don't know why I invest time in these stories since the network cancel them so quickly. Yeah I am still bitter about Arrested Development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home