Thursday, February 15, 2007

VD, FD and SBA day,

While most people were celebrating Valentines Day last night, I was celebrating FD Day. And how does one celebrate that day; by watching movies of course.

First I watched Infamous. This is a recent version of Truman Capote researching and writing of In Cold Blood. Maybe this movie might of been alright if a tremendously better movie about the exact same subject wasn't made just the year before. I'm sure there is some reason for this piggy backing, but during the whole movie all I could think is "I wish I was watching Capote instead."

Then I watched Lost and thought it was the best episode in a long time.

After that I watched Half Nelson. It was a pretty good movie. I laughed out loud at the beginning of the movie when they put the rating up. Below the rating they list the reason why the film deserves it's rating. You should make it a point to read these they can be pretty funny. Last night it was "Drug Content Throughout". Now was that "throughout" necessary.

Now tonight I will celebrate SBA Day with an episode of The Office and the final instalment of PBS's "The Supreme Court".

For the record I know that wikipedia says that Frederick Douglass's birthday is the 17th, but my calender says the 14th. I didn't fact check my calender, so I might of celebrated the day early. But in looking around the web I haven't found any confirmation of either dates just giving a generic February. So probably like much of the history of slaves the facts are unfortunately a bit cloudy. Either way I am using him to defend a pretty lame Valentines Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home