Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My stupid congressman,

I needed to get caught up on some of my other reading since I have had my nose in books so much lately. As I was paging through a issue of the local labor newspaper I came across an article about my embarrassing congressman James Sensenbrenner. I think somewhere in the past I wrote about how after the last election he blamed the gay marriage amendment for Republican losses. The article that I read although they didn't disput that fact they made the point that it wasn't just that, but also the extreme far right agenda being pushed by Sensenbrenner that also chased people away from his party. I found it interesting and rarely reported, that he was denied any major appointments on any committees this year. The article also suggested that he may face a strong primary challenge in the next election from Scott Walker. Granted this is a union newspaper so it should be taken with a grain of salt, but I still find it interesting. I am hoping to be out of the fifth distract by the next election so it won't matter much to me anyways, but I would be much happier with Walker over the embarrassing Sensenbrenner.

A funny side note; I tried to find the article online to link to. I did a search using the title of the article "Even the GOP seems to have shelved Sensenbrenner" the article wasn't there, but in a funny, somewhat ironical twist Google asked me "Did you mean: even GOD seems to have shelved sensenbrenner", maybe I did Google maybe I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home