Friday, February 09, 2007

What's next,

I had a rare visitor last Wednesday, so I missed the second season opener of Lost. I set up my VCR to record it, but somehow that didn't work. Like most people I only watch DVDs now, so I bought the VCR for the sole propose of recording the shows I watch, when I can't watch them. Somehow I never seem to set up the recording properly and end up missing the show anyways. Usually I figure out what I did wrong, but last night as I was search the tape for Lost (how ironic) I couldn't figure out where I went wrong. As frustration filled me I decided to check the Internet to see if I could watch the show from the Lost website. I could and did. This is the first time I have watched a show like this and was quite impressed. The thought accrued to me that this could very well replace the need for a VCR. Then I started to wonder how long until our Internet will be hooked right up to our television. I think all this new technology (TIVO/HD-DVD...) will be short lived as an online entertainment system takes over. Netflix could be replaced with an iTunes type of movie rental. I especially like this idea because I am very displeased with netflix right now.

Anyways here is to tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Netflix is already planning to allow people to download movies.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can also record stuff on your computer. Plus I know people who have their computers hooked up to their tvs. The problem with doing that is your hard drive is holding the recorded show thus reducing hard drive space and less room for Civilization. Plus those people who have HD can't record that way on a computer but can on DVR/Tivo. The DVR/Tivo also has two tunners currently which I don't think computers have. So you can watch one show and record another or record two shows at once while watching something you prerecorded. (I just got a DVR and basically found it increases the amount of junk that I watch.) So basically you are correct but it is coming a lot faster than you imagined.

Craig

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home