Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Walking in great shadows to the polls,

This morning I walked to the polls and had the honor of being the 72 vote in Waukesha's 6th district. I like to walk to the polls because it makes me feel more like Benjamin Franklin. I imagine the revolutionary characters partaking in the earth shaking ideal that the masses gets to decide who runs the show and strike my vote with the angry fist of an underrepresented lefty in a country that has gone far right. Once again with hope in my heart that things will change, but with the deep down feeling that tomorrow morning will greet me with disappointment once again. Anyway today I chose freedom unlike the majority that will lazily stay at home.

This isn't the year for democrat's. Although they will probably take the house and get close with a slight possibility of taking the senate, this was a bad cycle for the republican party to fall apart for the democrat's. The next two cycles have more republican's running than democrat's leaving bigger opportunity's for senate gains. So maybe this will be the start of a six year Democrat dominance in congress. If they do like they say and pass meaningful legislation on heathcare, energy independence and clean up the corruption in Washington (well two out of three isn't bad) they should be able to take back the country.

Then there will be the 2008 presidential election. My new prediction for the democrats is in the next month all the candidates will fall out of the way for the only democrat powerhouse Barack Obama. He merely mentioned that he might consider running for president and it made all the national news. I still favor Feingold and will vote for him if he still is in the primary when it reaches Wisconsin, but I don't think he is going to run after reading this quote
"I will run if I want to run, regardless of who else is running. But I will tell you, seeing Barack Obama considering running gives me comfort. If I decided not to run, it makes me feel good, it makes me very happy to see him thinking about running. . . . If he came up to me and asked me, should he run . . . I might tell him, 'It's a good thing.' "
As for the republican's they look even more spread apart than before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home