Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Couch potato,

Television;
Last year after my initial disappointment that a few of the shows I enjoyed were canceled or ended I found some comfort in that I would have more time to do other things besides sit in front of the television. However this year I find myself sucked into more shows than last year. Going into the year I watched The Simpsons, Lost, The Office and the Law and Orders. Now I added to the list Studio 60, Heros, 30 Rock and I was watching Smith, but that is already canceled. Heros seems to be NBC's answer to Lost, so far it seems pretty interesting. The first episode of 30 Rock was pretty funny, mostly because of Tracy Morgan. Studio 60 is pretty interesting but I hope will get better. Smith seemed like it had a lot of potential and had Sick Boy from Trainspotting on, but at least it got the ax before I got too involved. Plus the way they moved shows around cut into my PBS time, but there is always summers for that. Also there are too many shows that start at nine. I get up at four fuckin' thirty in the morning; I need more than six and a half hours of sleep. Oh I also watch Grey's Anatomy, but I am embarrassed by that.

Movies;
I treated myself to a viewing of the Departed yesterday. I thought it started really good. In the middle there was some were time line jumps. They were so undefined and seemingly unnecessary that I honestly wonder if this was a theater mistake or something. I thought they went for the simply ending, which was a bit disappointing. But all in all still a really good movie. I am now going to read the original and see how close they are.

Music;
I got four new cd's in the mail today. It has been awhile since I have bought new music. I got a early Against Me! called Crime as forgiven by. Evergreen Terrace's Writers Block, I have wanted this one for awhile. It is all covers. The Lawrence Arms's Oh! Calcutta! I didn't even know they had a new cd out. I don't follow the punk scene like I use to. And then Samiam's new album Whatever's got you down. I haven't had a chance to listen to any of them yet, but hopefully they deliver the rock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home