Saturday, April 08, 2006

More Hackett interview,

(I wanted to write this separately since it is on a different topic)

From the same Hackett interview he later talks about censure,
"Regardless of whether or not you agree or disagree with it, something like 40 percent of Americans back Feingold's move," Hackett says. "Something like 25 percent of Republicans back that move. Just one man, so imagine 40 senators from the Democratic Party and a handful of Republicans got behind that. Now I'm not necessarily advocating that; I'm just saying here's an example of somebody who's willing to lead and move in the direction they believe is the right direction."
That is something to keep in mind when people bring up it doesn't have the majority of support from the public. It has a lot more support in the public then it does in Washington. I can only imagine (or dream) what kind of support it would have if the whole democratic party wrapped its arms around the idea of holding the president accountable to the law. Then Feingold wouldn't be alone fighting the silly spin from the white house.

I didn't really like how Hackett left the senate race. I think he let his supporters pissed on the party too much. I know he got kind of screwed, but that is part of politics. Anyways I really like this interview and hope he sticks around talking the plain common sense like he does. This all fits in with the Markos and Jerome's book "Crashing the Gate". Here is Markos on the Colbert Report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home