Sunday, February 19, 2006

Like a child

I decided to do some reading this afternoon. I have been reading a lot of nonfiction and the most recent fiction I have been reading, was a hard read (Huckleberry Finn). I just started reading "Angles and demons" by Dan Brown and was reminded that reading can be enjoyable. Well maybe enjoyable isn't the best word since I did enjoy the other books it is just a lot easier to read Angles than those other books. Anyway I feel like a child avoiding homework, because since I picked up the book to start reading I realized I have no clean socks. So I gathered up all the laundry and sorted it out. Then I sat down to picked up the book and thought, "Hey I should check my lottery ticket." I had forgotten that I had bought one yesterday even though I spent a considerable amount of time thinking that the first thing I would do with the money is self publish my novel and if I did that I would probably have to find a different title because a book called "Losing the Lottery" written by a lottery winner would be silly (or would it be more authorly to say ironic). So I went to my computer and after a little bit of looking, realized I lost by a lot (I only had 2 numbers in different lines both 17). Then I started playing hearts and watched some Daily Show clips. Then I decided to write a blog about how I am trying to read but keep getting distracted. What will be my next distraction? Will I actually sit down and read?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home