Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Duke stir

They want to give Duke Cunningham ten years. Some other interesting points I heard about
On January 6, 2006, Time reported that Cunningham cooperated with law enforcement by wearing a concealed recording device (a "wire") while meeting with associates prior to his guilty plea. It is not known whom he met with while wired, but there is speculation Cunningham's misdeeds were not isolated instances and his case could reveal a larger web of corruption
and then there is this
Getting in a shoving match with Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) over sending troops to Bosnia. After Cunningham fled, Moran found him crying in the cloakroom
To Cunningham's defense I heard Moran was a golden gloves boxer.

I used Cunningham's wikipedia page for these quotes. I know you have to be careful trusting wikipedia, but I heard both these things elsewhere and it was just easier to use this site. Here is Jim Moran's page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home