Saturday, June 09, 2007

No picket,

There never ended up being a strike. They voted to approve a contract last night. I say they because me and all tinners at the job I'm on weren't invited to vote on the contract. I called the business manager Thursday to find out what's going on. He called me Saturday morning and left a message that the contract was approved. He never said why all the workers at my company were left in the dark. I didn't go to the meeting because I didn't want to waste a Friday night going to a place on second or third hand information and possibly not even being able to vote. I want to pursue this to find out why we were left out, but I think it will just frustrate me, so I will probably leave it.

I don't know exactly what the contract is besides the pay. I think it's basically the same as the first one we voted down which is a shit deal in my opinion. I guess I have a higher value of self worth than my coworkers.

Last week at work they told us we were going to get pizza on Friday. The way he said it was a bit suspicious to me and I have been burned by free lunches before, like last fall when I had to eat a vegetarian sub because that was all that was left (why they don't call it a mushroom sub is beyond me), so I packed a lunch. When I was talking to my foreman on Friday I asked about the pizza for lunch. He told me that it was just for the plumbers. I informed him that that information wasn't passed down to us and most of the guys were expecting pizza for lunch. I felt proud at lunch as my fellow union brothers were eating pizza. Someone has to stick up for the tinners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home