Monday, February 26, 2007

Babel,

I watched Babel on J.M. day and was very disappointed. This movie got a lot of praise and was even considered by some to be favored to win the Oscar last weekend. Luckily a far superior movie won. Babel was three movies forced together with very little connection, at least that I could tell. The Japanese part of the movie was so loosely connected and it was such a minor part of the story that it could of been easily dropped. The other two stories were a little more connected, but were about such different things it felt like I was watching two movies at the same time. I guess the name does describe the movie, but do you want to watch two and half hours of babel? There was some good acting, although not by the big name stars. In the end I think they would of been better off just making three different movies. They probably would be better than Babel.

Today I went and watched Breach, that was very good. Chris Cooper is such a good actor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home