Saturday, July 28, 2007

More eyes,

Last night was the first night I didn't have to wear my eye shields to bed. What a great day. I was so sick of those fucking things. I had to tape them to my face, but they only gave me a little bit of tape. I found this out around one in the morning last Sunday. With a couple of beers (a couple who am I fooling) and the hour, going to get more tape was not a viable option. I don't normal keep face tape around and the closes thing I could find was scotch tape. I woke up at five Sunday morning in a panic because both eye patches were laying on my pillow. I did a web search to find a twenty-four-hour-pharmacy and went in search for face tape. The store was empty except for one lady stocking shelves. It just so happened where she was stocking shelves was right around where I would guess the face tape would be. She tried to help me, but mostly was in my way. I found the face tape and went home. I was still worried that I screwed up my eyes because my left eye felt a bit odd. I called the doctors office and got an answering service. I didn't think it was important enough to leave a message and finally got a hold of someone on Monday and they told me to "suck it up fatty!" or something like that.

Anyways I don't have to tape shields to my face anymore. Which means I don't have to rip tape off my face in the morning then try to wash the goo from the tape off and don't have to look at black smudges from the tape when I got home from work.


Also yesterday I got to stop taking the second perception eye drop. The eye drop was milky and would fog my vision for a couple of seconds. Sometimes it would go down my tear ducts, into my mouth and it tasted horrible. Also it left gunky white eye junk in the corner of my eyes and since I couldn't touch my eyes I just had to leave it. And lastly after I put the drops in it gave the appearance that I cried tears of milk and I feel it is important to say I'm no milk crier!

Now I'm just down to an artificial tear every other hour. Before this surgery I always had a hard time putting eye drops in. I would usually just get so much around my eye that some would flow into my eye. After putting a drop in my eye every hour for the last week I have become a pro at it.

The next big step for me will be next Saturday morning when I can rub my eyes! How exciting.

Something that maybe got lost in all my tails of woe about my surgery is how happy and free I feel from having it. I would easily go through this all again to have the vision I do now. It's so strange to me how much my life changed in such a short amount of time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home